SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!
You have the best of both worlds at Trailway Campgound – a secluded quiet river-flats view with the convenience of a quaint downtown full of conveniences, shopping, and activities. Trailway Campgound is located on Business 31 between Whitehall and Montague, across the street from beautiful White Lake. We are adjacent to the White River and the World’s Largest Weathervane! The 22 mile long, paved Hart/Montague state park bike trail passes by us as well! It is a pleasant walk to the business districts of either Montague or Whitehall.
Within walking distance of…
- Fishing (including handicap accessible), boating, canoeing, kayak, paddle boat rentals, bird watching
- Montague-Hart bike trail
- Montague Band Shell (free concerts on Tuesdays during season)
- Shopping, antiques, restaurants, coffee house, book store, hair salon, etc.
- Farmers & Artisan Markets
- Art gallery/classes,
- Full service food store with deli & gas station
- Ice cream shop and miniature golf.
- Post office, library, senior center, etc.
Nearby attactions & activities…
- Area festival such as “Cruz’in” Antique Car Show and Montague Pumpkinfest
- White Lake and White River
- 22 mile long, paved Hart-Montague Bike Trail State Park
- Excellent Golfing
- Michigan Adventure Amusement & Water Park
- The Playhouse at White Lake for plays and concerts
- Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp
- River tubing, canoeing, horseback riding, etc.
- Montague Museum
Open: May 1st to October 15th
Reservations: Reservations are recommended. Use phone or email during season and email during the offseason.
- There is NO tenting available at the campground except for bicyclists or bicycle groups without vehicles and with prior management approval.
- No boats/boat trailers permitted in the campground. The City of Montague offers (for a fee) boat, boat trailer, and extra vehicle parking in the community lot adjacent to the campground. Please contact the campground managers regarding making arrangements prior to arrival.
- Daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal sites available.
- Full hookup sites with cable TV. Reservations requested.
- Deposits are requested. We accept cash and checks.
- NO CREDIT CARDS. Make checks payable to “City of Montague”.