Howmet Aerospace, formerly Arconic is the world leader in the production and management of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina combined, through its active and growing participation in all major aspects of the industry: technology, mining, refining, smelting, fabricating, and recycling.
- Howmet Aerospace is the world’s leading producer of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina.
- In addition to inventing the modern-day aluminum industry, Howmet Aerospace innovation has been behind major milestones in the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, consumer electronics and industrial markets over the past 120 years.
- Among the solutions Howmet Aerospace markets are flat-rolled products, hard alloy extrusions, and forgings, as well as wheels, fastening systems, precision and investment castings, and building systems in addition to its expertise in other light metals such as titanium and nickel-based super alloys.
- Sustainability is an integral part of Howmet Aerospace’s operating practices and the product design and engineering it provides to customers.
- Howmet Aerospace has been a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for eight consecutive years and approximately 75 percent of all of the aluminum ever produced since 1888 is still in active use today.
- Howmet Aerospace employs approximately 59,000 people in 31 countries across the world.