Maple Grove Park also commonly referred to as Maple Beach and by the older locals as Bathing Beach, but is also sometimes referred to as Goodrich Park (not to be confused with Goodrich Park in Whitehall) because it is located on Goodrich Street. Goodrich Street intersects Old Channel Trail between Roberts Street and Mill Street. There is a sign at the intersection referring to the park as Maple Grove Park.
The park has a covered picnic area, updated restroom facilities, barbeque grills, playground equipment, sand volleyball courts and a paved circular walking path by White Lake, which is also good for roller blades.
Many people use the park for group gatherings and reunions. Sorry, the park CANNOT be reserved. However, City Hall keeps a list of people who have called and inquired about reserving the park. Anyone interested in having a group gathering should call City Hall to see if perhaps others are planning an activity on a particular date.
Park Rules and Regulations
1. Park hours are from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
2. No overnight camping or parking is permitted.
3. No alcoholic beverages or glass bottles are permitted.
4. Vehicles permitted in parking area only.
5. There is no lifeguard on duty, swim at your own risk.
6. Pets must be leashed at all times. Please clean up after your pets.